Electrical Scooters or Mobility Scooters are specially designed for individuals who have low mobility. Visit Find Out More to see our range.
An electric scooter is essentially a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These scooters are primarily used by those individuals who feel difficulty in standing or taking a walk for lengthy periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for inside use, outside use and both interior and outside use. The primary difference between an Electric Scooter and a mechanized wheelchair is that the latter is typically intended for interior use and also costs more.
Mobility scooters typically come in a wide range of styles which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs.
Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries employed by these scooters are normal rechargeable and really need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and range covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends substantially on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very easy.
Electric Scooters are generally equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very simple. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is parked.
Several types of Electric Scooters
There are different types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters according to the various users needs available at Change Mobility. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Foldable Mobility Scooters: As the name suggests these scooters are simply foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are excellent for people those who like traveling. These scooters can be disassembled into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the various scooter designs, for easy transportation in a large number of cars boots.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters offer full-sized comfort and durability which is undeniably ideal for both interior as well as exterior use. These scooters have an optimum body weight capability of 300 to 500 pounds.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: When optimum stability is required a fourth wheel is essential to support the three- wheeled structure to obtain a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for exterior use. These scooters have larger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy people who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
The Advantages of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters.
The main advantages of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:.
1) As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery for that reason no physical exertion is required.
2) The people with low mobility can go uphill extremely easily with the help of these scooters.
3) The person who feels difficulty in taking a walk does not need anyones help to drive these scooters as it is really simple operating these scooters.
For more information talk to Change Mobility