Electrical Scooters or Mobility Scooters are exclusively manufactured for individuals who have reduced movement. Visit Find Out More to see our range.
An electric scooter is basically a battery-operated vehicle with the capacity of only one person. These scooters are mainly used by those people who feel trouble in standing or taking a walk for long periods of time. The Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are either designed for indoor use, outside use and both interior and outside use. The principal difference between an Electric Scooter and a mechanized wheelchair is that the latter is usually meant for interior use and also costs more.
Mobility scooters usually come in a wide range of designs which are capable of accommodating different types of user needs.
Electric Scooters can have three wheels or maybe four. All these scooters run with battery power, so there is no chance to create environmental pollution. The pair of batteries employed by these scooters are normal rechargeable and need to be re-charged on a regular basis. The time and range covered by an electric scooter after every charging depends considerably on the type of battery and its capacity. There is no need to worry about the operation of these scooters as they are very easy.
Electric Scooters are generally equipped with advanced brake systems which make the stopping of these scooters very easy. These scooters also have parking brake which stops from rolling the vehicle when it is stationed.
Different types of Electric Scooters
There are several types of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters according to the different users needs available at Change Mobility. They are as follows:
1) Transportable or Collapsible Mobility Scooters: As the name indicates these scooters are conveniently foldable and ready to transport at any time. These type of scooters are excellent for people those who enjoy traveling. These scooters can be taken apart into 3 or 4 pieces of light parts, according to the various scooter designs, for easy transport in a large number of cars boots.
2) Three-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: The three- wheeled mobility scooters provide full-sized comfort and toughness which is undeniably ideal for both interior as well as outdoor use. These scooters have a maximum body weight capacity of 300 to 500 lbs.
3) Four-Wheeled Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters: Whenever maximum stability is called for a fourth wheel is necessary to support the three- wheeled structure to get a stable platform. These types of scooters are mainly used for outdoor use. These scooters have larger tires with wider base and can go as fast as 10 mph.
4) Heavy Duty Electric Scooters: These scooters are built for heavy folks who weigh more than 350 pounds. These scooters come with both three and four-wheeled models and with the weight capacity up to 500 pounds.
The Benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters.
The main benefits of Electric Scooters or Mobility Scooters are as follows:.
1) As the Electric Scooters are powered by battery therefore no physical exertion is called for.
2) The people with low movement can go uphill extremely easily with the help of these scooters.
3) The person who feels difficulty in taking a walk does not need anyones help to drive these scooters as it is extremely simple operating these scooters.
For more information talk to Change Mobility